Over ten years, we’ve realized how crucial community is in creating a safe, inclusive, diverse technology industry.
Hosting workshops alone doesn’t guarantee that marginalized people enter or stay in tech. But combined with supportive STEM communities and workplaces? Studies show that combining these strategies can make all the difference.
In fact, industry experts say that diversity and belonging need to be a clear priority for tech companies to increase retention. Research also shows that exposure and encouragement are “key controllable indicators for whether or not young women decide to pursue a [computer science] related degree.”
That’s why we’re so passionate about ChickTech’s new “bridge programming.” These events connect our high school students, ACT-W (Advancing the Careers of Technical Women) participants, and company partners. At its heart, bridge programming helps each attendee make meaningful connections. Upcoming events will give our youth and adults the opportunity to both get and give support.
Intrigued? Here’s how you can join our first bridge programming event! We’re excited to announce Bridging Tech with Diversity, a fresh take on our annual ACT-W Conference. Hosted online from June 20-22, 2023, the conference gives you access to:
- Dozens of interactive sessions on leadership and career development
- Workshops on specific tech topics like deepfakes, web3, and cloud computing
- Individualized, one-on-one career coaching sessions
- Connect with hiring managers and community leaders
- Encourage and mentor youth from the ChickTech: High school program
- Digital networking with hundreds of like-minded STEM professionals
People of all genders, abilities, and backgrounds are welcome. If you’re interested in the intersection of technology and equity, this space is for you.
Tickets are on sale now! Visit act-w.org/conference for more information.